Now you can generate a detailed HTML-formatted report about your vSphere environment, it’s completely FREE, with this simple PowerShell script (depending on VMWare PowerCLi) generate a daily report and receive it on your email.
The following points are covered in the report:
- General Details
- Number of Hosts
- Number of VMs
- Number of Templates
- Number of Clusters
- Number of Datastores
- Number of Active VMs
- Number of Inactive VMs
- Number of DRS Migrations for the last days
- Snapshots over x Days old
- Much, Much more…….
- PowerShell 3.0 or above. >>> Download
- VMWare PowerCLi >>> Download ver6.3 Release 1
- vCheck Report Script >> Download
vCheck Report main page here
Report Running Steps:
- install the required software.
- download and decompress the script file.
- run VMWare PowerCli utility and navigate to the script path.
- run “./vCheck.ps1” script file.
- if you face “digital signature” error run this command first: Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass
- complete the script configuration wizard. The wizard runs when the script runs for the first time only.
- HTML report should popup once the script finishes collecting the vSphere data.